Are you looking for a pediatric dentist in Victorville, CA? If so, you’ve probably found other types of dentists in Victorville as well. The next question that probably came to mind was what is the difference between a pediatric dentist and an adult dentist?
Let’s talk about the differences. This will help you make an informed decision when choosing the best possible dentist for your child.
What Is the Difference between a Pediatric Dentist and an Adult Dentist?
All dentists have had schooling on the same general dentistry focus. But other dentists will continue their education when they decide to offer specialty dentistry services in addition to general dentistry.
- General Dentistry Requirements
General dentistry requires an undergraduate degree and four years of dental schooling.
- Pediatric Dentistry Requirements
Pediatric dentistry requires a dentist to complete an additional 2-3 years of additional schooling beyond their general dentistry degree. That schooling includes additional training that focuses on the dental needs of infants, children, and child development topics.
Specialty Training for a Pediatric Dentist in Victorville, CA
A pediatric dentist will have specific training and knowledge in the following areas of dentistry for children.
- Oral developmental and growth issues (related to the jaw, mouth, face, and head).
- Preventive and invasive oral care (tongue ties, thrust, enamel hypoplasia, baby bottle tooth decay, and more).
- Pediatric dental sedation (treating children using sedation and anesthesia).
- Dealing with special needs and medically compromised children (child psychology and how to work with special needs and medically compromised children).
If you need a pediatric dentist in Victorville, CA, please Contact A. Paul S. Bell, D.D.S. Inc. today. We were voted the “Best in the Desert” by the Daily Press Newspaper for five years in a row. Come and see why. Your child will love the dentist and the staff, as well as the environment that feels more like a play date than a trip to the dentist.