Cosmetic Dentistry in Victorville, CA
Cosmetic dentistry procedures are designed to improve the appearance of a person’s smile. Depending on the treatment option, these procedures may or may not be medically necessary. As a result, some cosmetic procedures may not be covered by insurance. However, the result of cosmetic dentistry treatments with Dr. Paul Bell are always the same: The patient will have a brighter, whiter smile that they can display with confidence.
Sometimes people get the wrong idea about cosmetic dentistry, largely because of the term, “cosmetic.” That term makes it sound like the main benefit of cosmetic dentistry is appearance. For practical-minded folks, it may feel like cosmetic dentistry is a luxury rather than a need. But the opposite is usually true. Here are the reasons why cosmetic dentistry is worth considering
Cosmetic Dentistry for Children & Young Adults
Some cosmetic treatments are only suitable after a child has lost all of their baby teeth, by around age 13. Other treatments may be appropriate if your child is younger than that. Every decision is made on a case-by-case basis. Dr. Bell will examine your child and recommend the best possible treatment and results for your child. As a parent, you will know all of the best options recommended by Dr. Bell to make an informed choice.
It’s important to note that while cosmetic dental treatments may not be “medically necessary,” your child’s smile can have a big impact on their life. If a child has chipped, damaged or stained teeth, it can create problems for them in school. Teasing or bullying can impact your child’s self-esteem, have a negative impact on their academic performance or even be a detriment to their development of social skills. Giving your child a beautiful smile with the help of Dr. Bell’s team can eliminate these obstacles from your child’s life.
Cosmetic Treatments from Dr. Bell
- Teeth Whitening: Bleaching the teeth to whiten them and remove stains is one of the most popular and affordable forms of cosmetic dentistry.
- Dental Bonding: A resin-like material is applied to teeth to whiten their appearance.
- Dental Veneers: Custom-made thin shells are made to cover the front of the teeth. This can give the teeth a whiter appearance, cover up gaps between teeth and make other cosmetic improvements.
- Dental Inlays and Onlays: These are indirect fillings that can be used to fill in gaps in the teeth. This helps to preserve the patient’s natural tooth for a longer period of time.
- Dental Contouring: Enamel on the teeth can be removed or reshaped to improve the appearance and whiteness.
- Implants & Crowns: If a permanent tooth is lost for any reason, an implant can be surgically placed in the patient’s jaw bone. Once the implant fuses to the bone, a “crown” or artificial tooth can be attached to it.
- Crown Lengthening: Some patients have thick gums which results in a “gummy smile.” They might be showing more gums than teeth when they smile. Crown lengthening is a process of surgically removing gum tissue to expose more of the teeth surfaces.
- Cosmetic Orthodontic Treatments: This can include treatments like braces or Invisalign. These treatments are used to straighten teeth, fill gaps between teeth, realign crooked teeth, and repair underbites and overbites.
Patients Who Use Cosmetic Dentistry
There are two types of patients who use cosmetic dentistry: Those who want it and those who need it. Everyone wants to have a great smile and cosmetic procedures are the only way to deliver that. Others may have damaged, broken or stained teeth and need the procedure to restore their looks. Whether you think it’s right or wrong, people do judge others based on things like a smile. Improving the appearance of damaged teeth allows anyone to regain a radiant smile, which helps in every area of life — from social situations to job interviews. Cosmetic treatments often have other benefits as well; a patient might be unable to eat on one side of their mouth due to a cracked tooth. Restoring that tooth returns life to normal when it comes to enjoying meals.
Cosmetic dentistry may sound like something only a celebrity would undergo — but it’s actually intended for every day people like you and your children. Contact Dr. Bell’s office today to learn more about how cosmetic dentistry can improve your child’s smile!
Cosmetic Dentistry Improves Confidence
Have you ever been embarrassed or ashamed of your smile because of your teeth or gums? A beautiful smile is a kind of social handshake that people use to signify confidence. There’s no substitute for it. Cosmetic dentistry helps to rebuild that confidence to smile because it can be used to do things like whiten teeth, hide imperfections and fix overly “gummy” smiles.
Cosmetic Dentistry May Be the First Step to Structural Repair
Did you know that traditional braces and clear braces fall under the general umbrella of cosmetic dentistry? If you have misaligned teeth, crooked teeth, or an overbite or underbite, cosmetic dentistry through braces can correct these issues so that the underlying healthy structure of the teeth and jaw can be restored. This is one big reason why cosmetic dentistry in Victorville is definitely worth considering.
Cosmetic Dentistry Has Set a New Standard
Modern society is now accustomed to acquainting white, straight teeth and pink gums as signs of health and wellness. Those with yellowing, stained, crooked teeth are sometimes seen as not taking care of themselves or in ill health. For better or for worse, the ubiquitous availability and affordability of cosmetic dentistry has raised the bar regarding the standard for healthy looking teeth. Since it’s so easy to improve the look of your teeth and gums, why not consider it for yourself?
At Dr. Paul Bell’s office in Victorville, cosmetic dentistry is available to people of all ages, including children. Contact us today to find out your options.